This is an exciting role in a small but fast growing agency that offers digital solutions for small businesses. Working in the Silky Ocean Studios team we are looking for a junior to mid-weight designer to design, build and optimise websites primarily on WordPress.
Although we'd prefer this to be a full time position, we would also consider part-time and flexible working arrangements as well for the right person (still located in the south of England).
- Examples of deliverables and day-to-day tasks include designing new websites, giving unloved websites a new lease of life and optimising user journeys.
- Working directly with clients to understand their needs and ensuring communication throughout a project is maintained.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all projects you work on are completed on time and to the highest possible standard, whether you are working individually or as part of the wider design team.
- You will need to be pixel perfect in everything you do to ensure a seamless experience wherever customer interaction occurs and be completely up-to-date with current styles and trends.
- A working knowledge of CSS/HTML and mobile first coding is a must, with experience in WordPress being very preferable.
- Highly experienced with Photoshop (or Sketch/Illustrator) with the ability to produce stunning visuals and keep up-to-date with the latest developments, techniques and styles in web design.
- You have an excellent eye for design, know great UI when you see it and are able to explain why it’s great.
- Able to demonstrate successful design experience within the constraints of brand guidelines.
- Able to work collaboratively with the rest of the creative team and actively contribute to inspiring, delivering and generating ideas, as well as building upon the ideas of others.
- The ability to manage your own time productively to ensure the completion of tasks, with a sense of urgency to be able to deliver quality work under the pressure of deadlines.
- The ability to correctly judge priorities across several projects and varied levels of activity.
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships and demonstrate that you genuinely value input and feedback and are willing to learn from others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable presenting and explaining your ideas.