Junior Designer - Sky Sports
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Sports Design is an award-winning team within Sky Creative delivering innovative design projects in collaboration with the Sports Marketing teams but also directly with Sports and Sports News Production. The Sky Sports Design team is at the forefront of pioneering cutting-edge broadcast graphics and brings together many disciplines and skills in a creative, exciting and diverse environment. The team use a wide variety of design software including Adobe Suite, real-time graphics (Vizrt), as well as high-end 3D.
Our team is responsible for designing and delivering all Sky Sports channel branding, sets and programme design including for the 24-hour live Sky Sports News channel plus most Sport campaigns for Sky Sports Marketing such as the launch of new football season, new F1 season, Ryder Cup or The Lions Tour. We now have an exciting opportunity for talented Junior Designers to join our team.
- Offer creative design support to the wider Design team by continuously developing own skills in typography, layout, art direction, etc.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual and creative design & typographic skills.
- Provide design and production support within a typical broadcast and multimedia environment, assisting senior team members.
- Understand and work to meet the department’s aims and objectives.
- A formal design training with a broad interest and awareness of art, design and moving image.
- Ability to think creatively against a brief.
- Ability to conceptualise, and visualise design solutions to a very high standard against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams.
- Competent understanding of Sky Sports brand.
- Understanding of the design processes.
- Ability to work with other design and creative teams and individuals to ensure the best possible creative execution.
- Be self-confident, flexible, motivated and an excellent communicator.
- As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.