Logistics European Graduate Programme
4 days left
- Full Time
You might not have heard of TJX Europe, but you’ve probably heard of our brands – TK Maxx and Homesense. We’re part of the world’s leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer – TJX Companies, Inc. Last year, our annual revenue was over $33 billion*. But we don’t want to stop there. We’re confident that we can continue to grow and become a $40 billion plus company. And the more we grow, the more important Logistics becomes.
Off-price – the key to our success
What keeps our customers coming back time and time again? The fact that we offer designer labels, top brands and unique gems for less. Our ever-changing, eclectic treasure hunt of thousands of the world’s best and most exciting fashion and homeware brands mean our customers can find their unique style for less.
This is down to our Off-Price business model, which is at the heart of everything we do. Our opportunistic buyers are on the hunt throughout the year, buying merchandise from thousands of vendors around the world. It’s about thinking fast, being creative and making great deals.
This means that no two deliveries are ever the same. And neither are any two days. It’s an unconventional approach which is echoed throughout all areas of TJX Europe.
But it takes a lot of work. And that’s why the Logistics Graduate Programme at TJX Europe is pretty special.
*Fiscal year ending January 30, 2017
What does my career path look like?
During your first three years, you’ll work in at least two out of our three key areas. Over the course of the programme, your personal drive and passion for the business could see you go from Analyst to Manager – and that’s just the beginning. With our help, you’ll be able to grow your supply chain career in the way you want, and fast.
- You’ll start with a comprehensive induction and then continue to develop yourself through a series of workshops and training programmes.
- All of which will enable you to take on responsibility quickly.
- During your first three years, you’ll work in two out of the following three areas:
- Central operationsThis is about a lot more than just keeping things running smoothly day-to-day, it also involves innovation, growth and new technology.
- You’ll learn to develop strategy, plan infrastructure and work with teams across the business to keep great fashion and homewares hitting the shelves.
- Inbound logisticsThis involves keeping products flowing to our Distribution Processing Centres.
- You’ll partner with Buying and Merchandising as well as third-party suppliers to get goods through customs and comply with international trading laws.
- On top of that you’ll be looking to develop strategies for improving speed, decreasing cost and making life simpler for partners.
- Outbound: The outbound team is the last leg of the supply chain. Last but by no means least.
- You’ll be part of a team overseeing the European logistic network to ensure products get from Processing Centres to stores.
- With several deliveries a week – each containing thousands of items – it’s a complicated challenge and one the team thrives on.
You’ll learn the ins and outs of how we get our incredible off-price deals from global suppliers to stores across Europe. Based in our European Head Office in Watford, you’ll get to see our international business from all sorts of different angles, making progress and adding value daily.
Alongside the requirements listed below, if you have European language skills – particularly German or Polish – that would be great. And if you’ve lived and worked in Europe, even better. In a business like ours, these are great assets to have.
- A degree in any discipline
- An analytical mind
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility to work in different locations
- A real passion for amazing off-price products
- The hunger to learn
- The potential and ambition to lead.
- Driving licence