Intern English Teacher
Join over 100 first-time English teaching interns in Central South China for the ultimate paid internship abroad. You’ll land one of the highest paid China TEFL intern salaries on offer.
Premier TEFL offers the widest range of all-inclusive fully-organised paid teaching experiences. Just read our 4.5 star reviews and prepare to get packing.
Spend a semester (5.5 months) teaching English in a language centre to eager English learners. We love this internship because no previous experience is needed. You’ll have full pre-departure TEFL training plus arrival orientation making you classroom ready in no time.
Your teaching adventure made simple.
Imagine learning Mandarin and wandering around ancient monasteries with the smell of incense wafting around Buddha statues. Grab a kung pao chicken or tasty noodle bowl or with new friends and share intern classroom stories on days off.
- Aged between 18 and 35 years
- A fluent* / native English speaker
- Physically and mentally fit
- Adaptable, mature, flexible, culturally sensitive and respectful
- If you’re not a native English speaker you’ll need to hold a degree and some teaching experience.
- No experience is needed for this exciting internship.
- All applicants simply need to have successfully completed pre-university studies (eg High School Diploma, A-Levels, Highers, Leaving Cert)
- Airport pickup and transfers
- Welcome orientation
- Visit the famous Shanghai waterfront
- A guaranteed RMB¥5,000 monthly living allowance (around US$760/€630/£560)
- An instant community of new friends
- Flight reimbursement RMB¥2,000 (around US$300/€250/£220)
- A lifelong accredited 240 hour TEFL certificate
- Ongoing in-country support
- Job progression opportunities
- Boost your career prospects with a unique CV / resume experience
- Discover new passions and interests
- Get practical, real life, live training
- Internationally recognised, accredited qualification
- Learn a new language
- Develop cultural understanding
Successful TEFLers have a great sense of adventure, they don’t sweat the small stuff and they know how to have fun.