Paid Social Media Fellowship - 12 month placement/internship
The Economist was founded as a print newspaper in 1843, but today our analysis reaches over 40m people through social media. More people than ever discover us for the first time on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, perhaps through a video or an eye-opening infographic.
The social media team comprises creative and enthusiastic journalists who join us on one-year fellowships to help shape The Economist’s digital future. We are now recruiting one new fellow to join us in London.
- The bulk of the work will be to produce posts for a variety of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for our print and online articles, videos and podcasts.
- To do this, the successful candidate will collaborate with section editors and news editors around the world, and colleagues who produce our films, podcasts, Snapchat editions and Instagram Stories.
- The role is the most junior on our team.
- It suits a recent graduate of a journalism course or someone who has some limited experience in editorial roles and is ready to take on a full-time role for a year.
- Applicants should be seeking to establish themselves firmly in an editorial department while learning through doing.
- A junior journalist with proven experience in producing content for social media and digital platform
- Sharp attention to detai
- Evidence of successful collaboration with colleague
- An understanding of The Economist’s values, tone and audienc
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photosho
- Awareness of what different publishers are doing on social media