SUN Project Assistant
The University of Winchester is seeking to appoint a SUN Project Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the SUN Project Leader in the development, management and delivery of a range of outreach projects in accordance with the aims and objectives of the HEFCE-funded National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP) http://www.hefce.ac.uk/sas/ncop/. The Southern Universities Network (SUN) comprises a number of Higher Education providers, Further Education colleges, schools, and other organisations in Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. The HEFCE funded project aims to increase the number of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in Higher Education by 2020. This post will see the successful candidate based at the University of Winchester and working under the overall direction of the SUN, reporting on a day to day basis to the SUN Project Leader at the University of Winchester.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with SUN Project Assistants across the network, helping to develop student-focused interactive workshops, activities and materials and assisting with the recruitment and training of Student Ambassadors.
- You will be required to provide daily administrative assistance and support to the SUN Project Leader.
- With successful experience of working with young people and a desire to work in an educational environment, you will contribute to the delivery of outreach events and activities both on and off campus to targeted students and their influencers.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and administration skills, with the ability to prioritise their own workload and a willingness to work both collaboratively and independently.
- One of our core values is ‘individuals matter’.
- As an employee at the University of Winchester, we are committed to your wellbeing and development.
- You will have access to a wide range of benefits and support including complimentary access to the GetActive initiative, comprehensive staff development programme, generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme.