Acquisitions Campaign Manager
The Acquisition team sits alongside the eCommerce, Retention, Membership, and Email teams under the Magazines Marketing Director.
- The key focus of the team is to plan, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns across the full range of print and digital channels, to drive the recruitment of new subscribers to Future’s portfolio of magazines.
- To work with the Marketing Director and other departments in the team to evaluate, plan and implement marketing campaign activities, delivering cost-effective routes to acquire print & digital subscribers across designated vertical markets.
- Manage budgeted spend, suppliers, and your direct report to achieve objectives and maximise performance.
- Campaign Preparation and Implementation
- Own the acquisition plans for designated magazine sectors (eg. Videogames, Field Sports, Home Interest)
- Propose, create and co-ordinate marketing campaigns for new (acquisition) campaigns of subscribers
- Effective use of core skills such as copywriting, briefing design teams, proof-reading and liaising with the subscription bureau and internal colleagues.
- Maximise response by channel and campaign through continuous testing of target audience, offer, media, copy, creative, timing etc.
- Understand the importance of results analysis in planning new campaigns
- Source and implement sub loaders (gifts) from external suppliers
- Working with third parties to agree collaborative activity and generate new opportunities
- Ability to work across multiple projects while working to tight deadlines
- Event planning and providing support at shows
- Monitor the acquisitions performance of your campaigns in order to ensure your campaigns are working.
- Ensure that campaigns are within your monthly marketing budget allocations and achieve a good return on investment.
- Work closely with key suppliers to ensure we are optimising our spend and getting good levels of service
- Review the performance of your campaigns to make key decisions
- Work closely with the eCommerce, Email and Retention teams to co-ordinate campaign scheduling and effectiveness
- Work with the Marketing Director to agree overall strategy and objectives
- Take responsibility for the performance management and ongoing coaching of your direct reports (Campaign Executive) in line with core skills & competencies identified for the roles within company and best practice guidelines
- Previous relevant marketing experience and/or marketing qualification
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to develop relationships with colleagues and clients
- Calm under pressure and able to prioritise a busy workload through excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, and an attention to detail
- Competent in Excel and Google products
- Analytical, numerate and commercially aware (profitability, ROI, ARPU, LTV)
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to deliver excellent results
- Experience of working within a publishing or recurring revenue environment (Desirable)
- Professional marketing qualifications / degree or equivalent in a marketing-related area (Desirable)