Junior Graphic Designer (Maternity Cover)
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Graphic Designer to join the Business Development Team inside ENGIE, a leading UK Facilities and Energy Management provider.
- This team produces and submits complex bids and tenders for large businesses across the UK.
- Based in our London office, you will be responsible for assisting our Creative Design Team in creating work-winning documents, artwork and graphics across a wide range of ENGIE bids and sales support materials.
- In addition, the Graphic Designer will on occasion be asked to complete general business activities and support market related trade shows or exhibitions.
- This could range from organizing the creative team’s resource library, designing exhibition stands and collateral to supporting the design of SharePoint sites with the Internal Communications team.
- Working inside a friendly team who operate in a busy corporate sales environment, you will be reporting into The Head of Proposals and assisting three other Senior Graphic Designers.
- To assist the ENGIE Creative Design Team produce high quality and work-winning documents and collateral from the draft stage through to and including the production stage
- To look after and maintain our library of creative collateral, archiving, spotting gaps and suggesting improvements where applicable, particularly supporting the Design area of the BD Platform
- To maintain compliance with company brand guidelines and a professional client-facing presentational style, whilst driving improvements to the ‘look and feel’ of corporate materials
- To support the Creative Design Team in all aspects of design and marketing communication activities, and to occasionally take on other tasks to assist team members when appropriate, this could include ordering paper stock, assisting with printing marketing collateral and other general office duties
- A good eye for detail and good layout skills are essential, and a good appreciation of creative design and infographics is very desirable.
- All candidates will need to be well-organised self-starters who have a ‘can-do’ attitude and are able to work to tight deadlines. The successful candidate may be asked to work outside of standard office hours on occasions.
- This role would particularly suit someone who has previous experience already in Graphic Design or who has completed an internship in Graphic Design and is looking to advance their experience in both design and is interested in the business activities of ENGIE UK.
- Professional qualification in Graphic Design or equivalent experience in a design related job
- A good portfolio of relevant design work, including some corporate work
- Previous experience of laying out complex or lengthy text and graphics for client-facing documentation
- Excellent appreciation of layout, working to brand guidelines and typography
- Open to new ideas and ways of working
- Self-starter able to work independently or as a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Happy to learn about our business and get stuck in to the daily tasks of our production team where necessary