Nickelodeon Digital Internship
The Digital team at Nickelodeon UK creates award-winning content for all the interactive services on Nick, Nicktoons, and Nick Jr, for our websites and emerging technologies. The team is made up of a Director, two Producers, Commercial Producer, Assistant Producer, Associate Producer, Digital Content Creator and a digital Intern.
Content is at the core of the business with critically-acclaimed and hugely-popular television programming from the UK and around the world merging with bespoke content online, as well as consumer product and recreation opportunities such as the UK’s first-ever Nick theme park, Nickelodeon Land.
- To update websites using html, Photoshop, and other software
- To manage schedules and processes for sites updates that relate and support other departments i.e. Marketing, Scheduling, Consumer Products, Acquisitions, Press
- To write scoping documents for small projects based on ideas, and/or an available brief
- To liaise with content production teams/designers and technical teams during the scoping phase of new projects
- To provide daily support and maintenance for site homepages and content areas
- To collate content and material for the relevant areas from other sources (i.e. programme makers, team members, the wider business and external suppliers)
- To re-write content and re-fashion material from other sources to ensure suitability for the web or other interactive platforms or services
- To manipulate electronic material such as text, graphics, video and audio files, convert these for use on the web or other interactive platforms and update as necessary
- To liaise with relevant network/programme makers to ensure that daily content
- Supports the relevant content area as appropriate
- To source sections of content or services as required
- To seek out opportunities for cross promotion and linking across all Nickelodeon sites and services, and to encourage collaboration and co-ordination of efforts on joint projects
- HTML and Photoshop and experience of using web development applications such as Dreamweaver and/or CMS
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Experience of working in an environment where projects have to be delivered to specific timescales
- An understanding of the needs, expectations and aspirations of children and parents in the digital world
- Ability to take on and/or support the needs of a number of projects.
- Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- An appreciation of Nick, Nick Toons, and Nick Jr’s output and the potential for interactive technologies to enhance offerings
- Experience of working in an interactive and/or children/youth marketplace
- Understanding of XML/Flash/HTML
- Creativity and enthusiasm to generate ideas for the individual network or content area.
- The Intern has to maintain the following internal and external relationships
- Editorial, design and content people within Nickelodeon’s Digital Team, providing support during full project life cycles
- Digital agencies outside of Nickelodeon, providing thorough briefs and feedback.
- Internal Digital Viacom groups
- The Key Challenges
- Support Nickelodeon’s digital producer and assistant producer
- Work within the commercial, technical and editorial constraints of a small, commercial, digital media team
- Keep abreast of standards and guidelines and make sure Nickelodeon’s sites and apps follow them
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong eye for detail
- Able to deal with competing demands, and remain calm under pressure
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, making allowances for different levels of understanding
- Able to meet challenging deadlines. In the event of difficulty or delay, to communicate this as early as possible