Are you looking for hands-on Design industry experience?
Ticketmaster International, a Live Nation Entertainment company, is currently seeking an ambitious, highly motivated, creative and well-organized Design Intern to join the International Product Design team.
This is a paid, 6-month position (March – Early September 2018). The role is open to recent graduates looking for a 6-month or less placement. Candidates in accredited digital design programs with focus in user experience (UX) and/or user interface (UI) design are preferred.
- You will work with UI & UX designers, digital designers, product managers, marketing managers, and front-end engineers to provide product design, marketing design, and research support on a wide range of projects across our broad international product portfolio: Enterprise-scale, e-commerce sites (B2C and C2C), white label ticketing solutions (B2B), client-servicing web applications (B2B), and native mobile apps (B2C and B2B).
- You have a promising introductory portfolio of innovative, easy-to-use websites, mobile applications, and/or marketing design work.
- Previous experience with consumer-facing transactional sites, responsive sites, or software product design is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Ability to code or prototype is a bonus. Strong conceptual, design, and/or typography skill are expected.
- The most important factors we are looking for are: 1) Creativity; 2) Solid design education or background; 3) Ability to work and think independently; 4) Ability to understand and manage complexity; 5) Ability to problem solve (nothing is unachievable!); and 6) Aptitude for learning, and 7) Handling multiple projects at once.
- We are looking for do-ers, not whiners with a sense of entitlement.
- You will need to be open to an almost start-up mentality (but with the resources and scale of a big company!).
- You will be expected to prioritize within a busy environment, while having the willingness to learn and adapt to how this complex company works.
- You will work with the UI Manager and senior members of the team to help them serve as ambassadors of user-centric, modern design across the business.
- Graduates Bachelor's degree or Design qualification in a digital design discipline
- Basic grounding in principals, methodology and practices of UI Design with a thoughtful portfolio showcasing one or more of the following skills, i.e. Pattern Libraries / Style guides / user experience / mobile design / responsive design / web design
- Intermediate level knowledge (minimum) of industry standard design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), etc. expected
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word is a must
- Must have a design portfolio showcasing website, mobile, and/or other UX design skills
- You, in turn, will be rewarded with reaching up to 50 million+ customers with your design decisions, collaborate with awesome co-workers and internal/external clients, and enjoy a great and supportive working environment.