BBC Cyber Security Schemes
BBC Information Security is offering two trainee schemes starting in September 2018. These are fantastic opportunities to work in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries in the world alongside our team of information security professionals. You’ll be able to develop your own skills and abilities in an organisation that’s diverse, challenging and always rewarding.
The Information Security level 4 apprenticeship scheme is offered in partnership with a leading training provider. During the 18 month apprenticeship, you could be working within our Governance team or within our Security Operations Centre. Take your first steps in Information Security by working in one of the most interesting and diverse environments, whilst also receiving high class industry recognised training.
Our BBC Information Security one year industrial placement scheme is designed for current undergraduate university students to experience cyber security hands on. It will give you the chance to develop your information security skills working for the world’s leading public service broadcaster.
- The BBC, like other organisations around the world, is targeted by cyber-attacks. Hackers are very attracted to our digital doorstep and they’re trying to break in; we need to ensure that the BBC is a digitally secure place and our content is protected from compromise.
- The BBC Information Security team works to maintain and promote all aspects of information security across the organisation; we aim to meet the BBC’s needs whilst adhering to the information security principles of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
- keeping information and systems secure
- writing and ensuring compliance with information security related policies
- liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- conducting compliance reviews
- managing information security related risks
- providing advice, guidance, training, and awareness activities