Digital Journalist Apprenticeship
The news changes every day and now the way we get our news is changing too. From 4K TVs to hand-held devices, today's news is mobile, on demand and faster than ever.
- Can you take a story and make it go viral?
- Can you make the best of social media to reach new audiences?
- Can you listen to people and explain complex stories in a simple way?
If you've got what it takes to tell a story, put it out there, and reach people who don't normally consume the news, then we want to hear from you.
- You are creative, intelligent, determined and resilient.
- You are quick to react, an enthusiast for all things digital and you are already using social media to communicate.
- You know how to connect with your local community and share their stories and experiences with a wider BBC audience.
- An amazing 22 month apprenticeship to train to be a Digital Journalist with the BBC - with a diploma in journalism accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) at the end of it.
- You’ll learn how to create great content and programmes for TV, Radio, Digital, Online and social media.
- You'll work on the latest pilots in digital mobile journalism.
- You'll train and work with BBC editors and staff.
- You’ll write, record, create and reach out to our audience.