Graduate 2018 - Project Management (Consultancy) - BioPharm
We understand the complex environments within which our biopharmaceutical and research clients operate in, providing them with the expertise they need to realise their business objectives. As a contractor and consultant, we draw upon diverse expertise to provide a truly unique consultancy offering in setting up new facilities to research and pharmaceutical clients. We manage the entire lifecycles of projects and programmes through all phases of design, construction, operation and maintenance
- As a project manager you will work closely with clients and consultants, taking time to fully understand our clients’ needs.
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparation of tender documents
- Contributing to project execution plans, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress, and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and mitigating those risks where possible
- Dealing with changes to the project
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager.
- Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace’s offices, at a clients’ office of facility, or in a designer’s studio. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
- A degree in chemical engineering is essential
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained)
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnical experience is preferred
- French, German or Dutch language skills are desirable due to the international clients that we work with
- The ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
Please note that some opportunities may close earlier than on Solent Graduate Jobs.