Production Management Intern - MTV
Are you super organised, logical and have an eye for detail? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain an insight into how television is developed, produced and delivered?
This Internship will give you an understanding of the TV Production world in relation to the Broadcast commissioning process and the importance of procedures and how to apply them to new situations. During the Internship you will also gain an understanding of the logistics, teams and processes required getting the content to the viewers.
- Reporting to the Production Managers and Department Director, you would be required to assist the production management team providing production logistical, support & administration.
- You will get involved in general team admin & office duties;
- Support with Commissioning deliverables and Operation;
- Involvement in In House Production set up and Logistics;
- Installing and updating of databases, spreadsheets and reports as and when required;
- Vendor set-up, payments and Purchase ordering;
- Creation of Production Delivery paperwork,
- Transcripts, Music cues and any additional filming paperwork;
- When required running on shoots.
- Setting up systems and databases where necessary and ensure that they are regularly updated
- To assist the commissioners with any admin requirements from the Development to commissioning stage, content sourcing, deliveries, cue sheets and transcripts.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator on content delivery across brands including MTV and Comedy Central for both broadcast and online.
- To assist production management in all pre-production, shoot & post production requirements for relevant shows and events.
- Assist with travel arrangements and compile call sheets for shoots (e.g. studio, single camera location shoots, events, outside broadcasts, etc) and distribute where necessary.
- To liaise with freelancers on all necessary paperwork.
- Facilitate new starters with security and IT access.
- To assist in supplier setups and purchase ordering using Viacom’s accountancy portal.
- Working with Accounts Payable, ensure that both internal & external suppliers are paid correctly & promptly.
- To keep any assigned cost managers updated.
- The ability to prioritise workload, deal with people under stressful conditions and have excellent communication skills
- The desire to help with a flexible attitude
- An interest and knowledge of MTV and Comedy Central content
- Excellent computer skills with excellent knowledge of Word & preferably Excel
- A diplomatic personality as this role includes troubleshooting difficult situations
- Highly developed social skills
- Passionate about MTV and Comedy Central brands
- Extremely organised
- Highly motivated
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Team orientated
- During this internship you will get to know the appropriate production terminology and have the opportunity to attend shoots and events, assist in pre-production, production and delivery.
- As well as assisting with the logistics of developing, commissioning and delivering the content for the various Brands the department supports.