Creative Digital Media Intern - MTV
Want to kick-start your digital career at the world’s biggest Music and Entertainment brand? MTV has an opportunity as part of its renowned internship programme for a hard working and adaptable junior.
We’re looking for individuals that are bursting with creative ideas and enthusiasm as well as excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. You’ll love entertainment, music, style, celebrities and the internet and be happy to get stuck in on whatever the job calls for. Ahead of the curve on all things digital, you’re an expert in what works visually online.
You’ll learn the digital media business from the ground up and gain a strong understanding of how art direction, design, animation and photo editing integrate into a digital editorial environment.
You should have good admin experience, proven design skills and an eye for style.
- Provide daily support for tasks such as researching images and managing image files.
- Artworking of graphic elements to support wider Editorial, Social Media, Video, Snapchat and Sales Teams.
- Contribute in meetings where required, develop visual content and generate ideas
- Create fun GIFS and animations around weird and wonderful news stories.
- Updating our social channels with fun visual content.
- Designing PowerPoint presentations
- Occasional coordinating of shoots and film crews.
- Ad hoc requests such as processing music Q sheets and expenses.
- Excellent grasp of Adobe CS – particularly Photoshop, Illustrator & After Effects
- Excellent Research skills
- Desire to learn
- Some understanding of the needs of an editorial team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to rapid change
- Highly developed organisational skills
- An affinity and familiarity with MTV and its brand values
- Passion for youth culture. Attuned to trends, fashion, style and music.
- Some animation or motion graphics skills preferred but not essential.
MTV Core Competencies
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Acts consistently with their words
- Follows ethical business practices
- Works effectively through job and organisation changes
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
- Flawless Executive
The advert will close on Wednesday 28th February 2018 at midnight. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March.