MTV Marketing Intern
The award winning MTV Marketing team aims to be the best in the industry and is committed to delivering innovative communications strategies that leverage the power of the whole company through integrated campaigns spanning all business levels and marketing channels.
The Marketing team lead campaigns for the highest level priority programming via a 360 degree approach, working collaboratively with a range of different departments, agencies and partners. The successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of the business to gain a thorough understanding of campaign management.
The intern will work with the rest of the marketing team (Head of Marketing, Brand Manager and Brand Exec) to predominantly generate social media assets for use across all social platforms that the Marketing team manage on a day to day basis. From stills and gifs to shortform video edits, we are keen to invite someone into our team who can champion social copywriting, scheduling and calendar management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in one of the biggest entertainment brands in the world. This role will expose you to all elements of the marketing mix. You will be involved in marketing and creating social media content for our key programmes such as Geordie Shore and Ex on the Beach, events such as the EMAs, along with playing an active part in affiliate marketing support and developing and implementing social media strategies across all our programming. You will develop skills in campaign management, fully owning a number of owned marketing campaigns and inputting on all ATL campaigns.
- Work closely with the Brand & Content Executive to implement the social media strategies for key programming
- Write and schedule engaging copy for all MTV social media show accounts – plan ahead & maintain a content calendar for key programme accounts
- Create engaging visual assets for our show social posts – photos, video clips etc
- Report to the team on week-on-week changes in account numbers (followers, engagement levels)
- Be the Social Media expert in the team: provide updates on new platforms, apps, technologies and recommendations on how can MTV best use them in our campaigns.
- Be across competitor activity and report on any innovative or interesting Marketing or Social Media campaigns.
- Report & present key social media insights & creative ideas to Marketing, Creative & PR departments
- Work with Brand & Content Exec. to create assets & implement social strategies for MTV’s multi-platform products
Research and creative thinking
Working with the Marketing team to:
- Watch upcoming shows and digital content
- Brainstorm campaign ideas and social media initiatives / strategies
- Create social assets to promote programming, including but not limited to: GIFS, memes, short & long form video content, adding effects to videos and source photo & video editing apps
- Generate copy to accompany social assets
- Keep finger on the pulse, jump on trending topics & memes
- Opportunity to create content for mtv.co.uk
- Create gifs, captions pics, adding effects to vids maybe, sourcing apps that can help our content stand out etc
- Manage owned media campaigns for Program Priorities.
- Organise desk drops & giveaways for internal & external contacts for our key programming priorities
Asset management and servicing
- Work with affiliates (e.g. Sky, Virgin, BT TV, TalkTalk etc) to increase awareness around monthly programming priorities to add value to our paid and owned media campaigns and respond to general marketing requests for:
- Information – complete highlight docs, press releases, TX info, show synopsis, key campaign dates.
- Images, logos, clips and social assets
Work closely with members of the Marketing & Finance team to manage MARKET (internal finance system) responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Raising & logging POs
- Setting up new vendors
- Check status of payments
- Manage & update programming priority planner
- Campaign report compilation
- Collating info / packs for external contacts/potential Marketing partners
- Checking team post daily, Booking couriers/transport, Booking meeting rooms, ordering merch
- Liaising with and booking team travel via the travel company CWT
- Essential: Creative thinker, strong interpersonal and personal communication skills, excellent time manager, ability to prioritise, highly organised, strong initiative, good knowledge of word, excel and PowerPoint, ability to demonstrate initiative.
Job specific skills
- Essential: Enthusiastic team player, ability to establish rapport and credibility quickly and effectively with internal and external contacts, experience of working in a busy, fast paced environment, copywriting, passion for music and youth entertainment.
- Mac proficient
- Strong Photoshop, Premiere, PowerPoint/Keynote skills.
- Desirable: Marketing / PR knowledge, Social Media, Creative & Design understanding and knowledge.
- Driven and motivated with a desire to succeed
- Proactive, innovative & shows initiative
- Lively, enthusiastic team player
- Works well under pressure
- Flexible approach
- Team player
- This is a challenging position that requires the ability to multi-task and work across a portfolio of brands. The ideal candidate will be a creative, enthusiastic and positive relationship builder, with a can-do attitude and strong communication skills.
The advert will close on Wednesday 28th February 2018 at midnight. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March.