Be part of the Scitech success story.
Awarded ‘Best Specialist Contractor to Work For’ in the 2017 Construction Enquirer Awards, Scitech are looking for a talented Business Management or Marketing undergraduate.
If you want to be part of Scitech’s winning team as your progress your studies, send your CV with covering letter quoting Marketing Assistant by Friday 30 March 2018.
We’re a multi-disciplinary company specialising in the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical sectors and our expertise ranges from design and build contracting and construction management to commissioning and qualification, pharmaceutical validation and quality consultancy.
Our head office is near Guildford Surrey, we also have offices in The Netherlands and Belgium and operate within client sites across the world.
What sets Scitech apart from its competitors is the way we conduct business and work together to deliver ‘Perfect Outcomes’ for our clients. As an employee-owned company, with strong customer-centric values, we take great care and pride in every aspect of our work. We need talented individuals, who share our values, to realise our ambitious growth plans and deliver Perfect Outcomes for our clients.
- Assist in research and execution of the Company marketing activity as laid out in the Marketing Plan and defined by the Business Development Manager.
- To assist and be involved in marketing campaign activity
- Content creation for blog
- Editorial content gathering / research stories of interest to meet the campaign brief
- Identification of key components, content condensing and initial drafting of editorial / press releases
- Marketing opportunity research and engagement including researching, connecting and qualifying opportunities and activities.
- Posting of approved content within the Company platforms to meet pre-agreed marketing campaign and activity schedules
- Research into follower gathering opportunities
- Assist with data segmentation and activity reporting.
- Campaign data input into the Company document and campaign management tool.
- Research, recommend and assist with draft content and artwork of marketing materials and promotional goods.
- Participate in regular marketing meetings to ensure understanding, acceptance and progress on activities.
- Actively pursue ongoing improvement in quality, efficiency, innovation, etc. within marketing activities.
- Undertake other marketing and business development activities as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Business Development Manager to support the Company marketing plan.
- Maintain positive, constructive, honest and appropriate relationships with the Company, its personnel, supply chain, associates, clients and others.
- Undertake suitable and sufficient Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provided by the Company to ensure competency in accordance with the standards reasonably required of the role and personal development plan, maintain adequate records, and provide such records to the Company.
- Comply with university requirements as laid out by the university tutor / mentor and provide ongoing reports to tutor / mentor as deemed necessary by the university.
- Studying towards a degree or equivalent in relevant discipline: marketing, business management or scientific
- Familiarity with the Design, Engineering or Construction industry;
- Excellent communication skills and copy writing;
- Work as a proactive, dynamic and reliable team member;
- Familiarity with MS Office and database systems;
- Understanding of pharmaceutical / life science sector (preferred, not essential);
- UK Work Permit essential.
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving abilities.
- Has excellent inter-personal skills; enjoys developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and customers alike.
- A team player with a flexible approach when working with others
- Deadline driven to ensure project deliverables and customer expectations are met
- Computer literate in MS Word and Excel
- Salary: circa £13,500 per annum (pro rata where incumbent does not work for the full year)
- Holidays: 23 days’ paid holidays plus statutory bank holidays