Junior Graphic Designer
Our client makes gear to keep you protected and comfortable in all the world's places. From performance clothing to shoes and luggage they have created a range that is all you need and nothing you don't. From their original and iconic "Bags Trousers" to their latest innovations everything is built on the original design principles that were conceived around a kitchen table in North Yorkshire forty years ago. That is what still make us unique.
- As junior graphic designer you'll assist with the design and production of graphic material such as in-store graphics, window displays, point of sale, posters, and postcards as well as designs for marketing promotions, events and other brand related projects all under the direction and guidance of the graphic design manager.
- As part of the Marketing Team this role will involve working closely with team colleagues and those from around the business.
- You will also be involved in developing ideas for promotional campaigns, plus art-working,proof reading and managing their image library.
- The role is varied so they're looking for a good all rounder with a flexible attitude who is keen to get started and progress within an in-house design function.
- Helping with the design and production of all retail POS and window schemes under the direction of graphic design manager.
- Creation and art working of other marketing material as required. This could include stationery, invites, posters, swing tickets, packaging, catalogues and adverts.
- Liaising with third party and print suppliers.
- Proof reading.
- Allocating materials to all stores.
- Point of contact for all stores.
- Effective management of the company image library.
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant with in design, illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong typography and layout skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good retouching and art-working skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A great interest and enthusiasm for all areas of design, across graphics, fashion, lifestyle and brands.
- Ability to take projects from start to finish - coming up with the initial concepts through to print ready designs.
- Flexible attitude with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of print formats and processes.
- The ideal candidate will have a graphic design degree or equivalent.
- Any experience of retail/fashion/outdoor industry would be an advantage.
- Keen interest in the outdoor sector, fashion and travel. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of applying creative solutions within an organisational brand framework. (Desirable)
- Clothing allowance
- 50% discount on their own clothing
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Life cover based on salary
- Access to child care vouchers
- Bikes through the government ride to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme