VP Welfare & Community
VP Welfare & Community
The Students Union is looking for a committed, dynamic student to play a major role in improving opportunities for Solent students and in developing and providing student representation to the University.
2018 is a particularly exciting time which presents a real opportunity for the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in developing the new strategic plan and in shaping the future of the SU.
The role of VP Welfare & Community involves representing students on all matters relating to student support, health, safety, wellbeing and representing students in the community.
You will work alongside the University and other external bodies to address areas of improvement in all matters relating to student health, safety and wellbeing.
- Representing students on all matters relating to student support, health, safety, wellbeing and in the local community.
- Sitting on Extenuating Circumstances panels to ensure students have the opportunity to defer assessments where necessary.
- Identify and raise any health, safety or wellbeing issues relating to students, and running campaigns to make improvements to student experience.
- To be the lead representative of the Union on matters concerning the external community
- Trustee and Director of the Students’ Union.
- To attend local and national conferences, training events and meetings as required.
- Enrolled in a course at Solent University in the 2017-18 academic year.
- A passion for student representation.
- A desire to make a difference for students within the university.
- Enhance your CV with a unique experience.
- Generous holiday package (27 days plus bank holidays and University closure days)
- Interest free travel loan
- Flexible working
- Discounted gym membership
How to Apply
In order to become VP Welfare & Community you need to be a current student at Solent University and to be elected by the current student body to represent them. Nominations for the election close on the 25th of February and voting will take place from the 12th-16th of March.
To apply, simply submit your nomination on the Student’s Union website before the 25th of February.
For further information or an informal discussion on this post please contact Joshua Smith, Student Voice Coordinator part of the Student Involvement Team in the Students' Union.