The Students Union is looking for a committed, dynamic student to play a major role in improving opportunities for Solent students and in developing and providing student representation to the university.
2018 is a particularly exciting time which presents a real opportunity for the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in developing the new strategic plan and in shaping the future of the SU.
The role of VP Education provides opportunity to bring real change to academic representation at Solent University and to represent over 10,000 students. You will work full time in the Students’ Union for 12 months learning new skills and gaining valuable CV enhancing experience.
- Representing students on all academic matters, working closely with the Chief Executive on any academic issues including the NSS (National Student Survey), providing advice to the University on areas of improvement.
- Liaise with the University to lead and shape the delivery and continual development of the University’s Academic Representative Scheme.
- Work in partnership with Union staff to plan and deliver training to all Academic Representatives.
- To take responsibility for running campaigns relating to education.
- Representing over 10,000 students.
- To attend local and national conferences, training events and meetings as required.
- Trustee and Director of the Students’ Union.
- Enrolled in a course at Solent University in the 2017-18 academic year.
- A passion for student representation.
- A desire to make a difference for students within the university.
- Enhance your CV with a unique experience.
- Generous holiday package (27 days plus bank holidays and University closure days)
- Interest free travel loan
- Flexible working
- Discounted gym membership
How to Apply
In order to become VP Education you need to be a current student at Solent University and to be elected by the current student body to represent them. Nominations for the election close on the 25th of February and voting will take place from the 12th-16th of March.
To apply, simply submit your nomination on the Student’s Union website before the 25th of February.
For further information or an informal discussion on this post please contact Joshua Smith, Student Voice Coordinator part of the Student Involvement Team in the Students' Union.