String Duo & Trio
Beethoven, Vivaldi, Broadway, Katy Perry, and everything in between! Our classical trios entertain our guests up to five hours each day with an eclectic mix of classics, showstoppers from Broadway and American Top 40 Hits from the 1960s through today. The FUN doesn’t stop there! Using harmonizers, loopers and other cool effects these small groups create beautifully orchestrated arrangements to bring their performance to the next level!
- Entertain in assigned venues as strolling musicians or stationary up to five hours per day.
- Deliver highest quality musical entertainment to our guests in line with Carnival’s brand and live music guidelines.
- Perform alongside other members of the shipboard music team as assigned.
- Actively participate in assigned activities including, but not limited to trainings, drills, safety briefings, meetings and performances.
- Complies with all company operational procedures (professional development training, orientations, and other related programming as required and scheduled).
- Commitment to Carnival Services Values.
- Perform ship’s safety function, including “Port Manning,” as required.
- Musically talented trios demonstrating strong ensemble skills.
- The ability to tastefully use harmonizers, loopers, and other technology to enhance performance. Actual experience with this technology is preferred.
- Huge repertoire of classical, pop, Broadway and standard chamber repertoire along with American Top 40 mainstream hits from the 70s through today.
- The ability to extend beyond performers into entertainers.
- Outgoing and flexible personalities.
- English fluency is required.
- Applicable experience as a trio for weddings, hotels, resorts, cruise ships, and similar venues.
- Ability to perform safety functions and meet medical requirements, including standing while performing.
- Ability to stand while playing for extended periods of time is required.
- Resume outlining previous musical employment, education and performance experience in PDF format.
- Complete song list containing a minimum of 175 - 200 songs (PDF format).
- Links to videos that demonstrate the following:
- Interaction with audience;
- Strong musical and ensemble skills;
- Ability to perform our desired repertoire; and
- Live performances.
- Additional links to videos that demonstrate the following are preferred:
- Ability to use samplers, harmonizers, loopers, and/or Ableton Live.
- Promotional photo.