Junior Application Support Engineer
A great opportunity for an Junior Application Support Engineer, required to join an exciting, well established media organisation based in central London.
- To configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot an evolving application stack.
- To maintain and improve our continuous delivery and configuration management frameworks that allow for automated build, test and deployment across environments, while ensuring operational stability.
- To work closely with the other engineers including infrastructure and external teams in the development and operation of our applications, proactively identifying areas for improvement, driving out inefficiency in the process.
- Provide 3rd line support across our business applications and tools used to develop and operate them.
- Follow documented processes and procedures for carrying out application support.
- Develop and maintain automation for the operation of new and existing applications.
- Liaise with onsite/offshore teams to remove impediments and diagnose/prevent incidents.
- Pro-actively monitoring and troubleshooting the applications and ensuring any necessary action is taken to maintain a good service.
- A self -starter, who is friendly, motivated, eager to learn and hugely ambitious with the goal of taking their career to the next level.
- Good knowledge of scripting is vital for automating tasks and tools.
- Strong analytical skills, giving you the ability to understand complex issues and apply fixes.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Aware of Cloud or automation and want to learn more about it.
- Experience working in a Agile environment and knowledge of Kanban. (Desirable)
- Experience working in Media domain. (Desirable)