The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To support the Managing Editor of Lifestyle, whose role is to manage the editorial budgets across six brands: Good Housekeeping, Prima & Red, Country Living, ELLE Deco & House Beautiful. To deputise for the Managing Editor when required.
- Cost Management
- To support the Managing Editor in owning and having the accountability of the editorial budgets across all the Lifestyle titles.
- Ensure all editorial invoices, staff expenses, freelance timesheets, and company credit card expenses are correctly completed. Communicate to editorial staff and train users on correct processes and systems. Distribute initial invoices and redistribute if they are incorrectly marked-up. Ensure timely payment of contributors.
- Build consistent reporting across all brands for mans and ills (Editorial) costs and roll out.
- Communicate production issues that may affect costs to finance.
- To monitor and regularly review the stock of features and photographs and in consultation with the Brand Commissioning Editor/Executive Editor to ensure they are accounted for, scheduled for use or written off.
- Complete the documentation for putting all freelance costs requests through the headcount process. Collate freelance payment documentation for HR.
- Update mans and ills spreadsheets weekly from copy lists. Review with Managing Editor.
- Code Corporate traveller sheets produced by Facilities team monthly for all costs
- To support the Managing Editor through ideas, suggestions and changes to working practices that achieve their vision and profit margin
- Populate reporting systems that allow the Editors to see clearly how costs are flowing on regular magazine issues
- To ensure all accounts are up to date and reported to the Finance department in a timely manner, Chief Brand Officer, GEDs and Executive Editors and to highlight any anomalies
- To present for approval, invoices, freelance request /engagement forms/time sheets, work experience payments and travel authorisation forms
- To document shoot costs
- To ensure the closest possible liaison, co-operation and communication with the Company’s central service departments.
- Highly numerate, process led with a good understanding of finance
- Excellent excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident thinker
- Highly driven
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent accuracy