Features Intern (Cosmo)
We host a national conversation about lifestyle, work, fashion, fitness, beauty, celebrity and news stories that really affect our millennial readership. Cosmopolitan is the number one selling glossy magazine for women and is committed to delivering market-leading content across a multitude of platforms.
The Features Intern contributes to the efficient running of the features and entertainment department on Cosmopolitan. From supporting both the Features and Entertainment team with research, admin and writing duties, they also support the Editor and Deputy Editor on the magazine on a daily basis. They contribute to both main features and celebrity interviews, as well as regular pages and all events that come under the Cosmopolitan brand.
The Features Intern is part of an extremely busy team of five, managed by both the Associate Editor and Entertainment Director.
- This role involves equal amounts of organisation and sharp planning with creative thinking and tenacity.
- Supporting the Features and Entertainment desk with a host of administrative tasks.
- Writing and researching a number of regular pages, as well as pitching and writing main features.
- Pitching, researching and writing regular pages for both the features and entertainment departments. Examples include the First Love, and Openers in the Know, Move, Earn, Play and Lust sections.
- Maintaining the upkeep of the Entertainment forward planner.
- Pitching features ideas in monthly features meetings and writing news stories and boxouts as well as long-form pieces when appropriate.
- Case study hunting.
- Writing cross platform on both features and entertainment topics for Cosmopolitan.co.uk
- Assisting the features team with any forthcoming events they are working on.
- Liaising with the art, production and picture departments when required.
- Supporting the Editor and Deputy Editor.
- Able to constantly generate a range of brilliant features and entertainment ideas.
- Interested in both features and celebrity/entertainment journalism.
- Organised and calm under pressure, tenacious and able to use their own initiative to problem solve.
- Passionate about journalism and interested in developing their writing and researching skills.
- Able to balance the administrative demands of the role with the creative ones.
- Personable, well presented and a good ambassador for the Cosmopolitan brand.
- Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to work flexibly
- Proven research ability
- Comfortable in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment
- Keen interest in news and current affairs
- Clear and confident communication skills