Financial Times Technology Internships
Based in central London, this is an opportunity to join our vibrant Technology team to experience and learn different disciplines. We use many different technologies and encourage our teams to experiment with more in an environment which promotes continuous innovation.
Each year we offer exciting opportunities to join our Technology team in the following areas:
- Development – building new products and services
- Quality Assurance – maintaining high quality
- Integration – building systems solutions to support development
- Programme Office – managing a multi million pound investment programme
- Operations – providing, supporting and improving critical infrastructure and services
We offer an opportunity for people to join us for a fixed period of time working in a specific role or project.
- Candidates should be students in their final year of study or those who have recently graduated. Sandwich year students will also be considered.
- Enthusiasm, self motivation, proactivity and the ability to work under own initiative
- Working cooperatively and building positive, constructive business relationships
- Excellent trouble-shooting/problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the desire to take on early responsibility
- Solid understanding of software development via either formal or informal routes e.g. computer science degree or self learning
- Empathy with emerging technology
- A keen interest in the world of Technology and Digital Media
- Successful applicants will have an opportunity to develop their skills while working on market leading products with experienced individuals that work at the FT.
- We hope your internship will lead to a career in Technology and Interns that show a strong performance are often given the opportunity to interview for permanent positions.
- FT Technology internships are full time paid positions lasting 3-12 months with opportunities to extend.
- The Technology department at the FT also offers additional learning and benefit opportunities, including:
- Coding club
- Lunch & Learn
- Training Courses and Conferences
- Open Source Contributions