Web & Graphic Design Intern
The European Centre for the Study of Extremism, Cambridge (EuroCSE) is seeking talented undergraduate and post-graduate students based in London (preferably West/Central) who are seeking part-time internship experience with the Centre. On successful completion of the web/graphic design role, students will receive recommendation letters, and also follow-up opportunities in other aspects of the Centre's activities (provided they have related interest/experience). This may lead to paid work in the future.
- Intern has experience working with modern open source CMS systems like Wordpress, Weebly, etc.
- Intern is expected to test websites across all browsers, operating systems, and devices to maintain responsive design.
- Organisational brand identity creation such as letterheads and logos and presentation templates.
- Assisting the marketing team with content creation, copywriting, email marketing and social media marketing.
- Optimize loading speeds, capacity and SEO impact.
- Create marketing material and content. to attract new visitors, engage with existing users, and gain brand visibility through curating an active community and thereby encouraging sharing of content.
- Design portfolio to include website design, brochures, flyers, HTML flyers, newsletters, invitations, PowerPoint presentations
- Reactively create, launch and assist on the management of social media campaigns.
- Create SM and website collateral.
- General knowledge of web analytics, SEO and website management tools.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and team-building skills.
- Working knowledge of design principles for sites optimized for accessibility
- Able to demonstrate strong creative graphic design skills
- Ability to come up with creative/new ideas (that are appropriate to audience and organisations vision).
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- Proficient use of MAC / PC and skills such as Visual Ideation/Creativity, Typography, Print Design, Layout/Conversion Optimization, Web Design/Basic HTML & CSS, Wordpress, Weebly, Colour Theory, Multimedia Design Software (Acrobat, etc.), Design Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Fluent in English
Please note this opportunity is unpaid. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx