Financial Times Editorial Internships
We offer a number of short-term internships, which offer a practical insight into the world of FT business journalism within our newsroom, weekend and visual desks.
FT Newsroom Internships (London)
- The aim of each newsroom internship is to give the applicant a practical and otherwise privileged insight into the world of journalism. The programme as a whole allows candidates to work with some of the highest calibre journalists in the field on a multi-edition global publication.
FT Newsroom Internships (New York)
- The FT’s US editorial summer internship is an opportunity for talented, ambitious journalists to experience and contribute to a multimedia newsroom serving a global audience early in their career.
FT Weekend Magazine Internships
- FT Weekend has a global reputation for the quality of its journalism. The Weekend Magazine covers the same range of subjects as the weekday FT – everything from business to politics to science to sport – but with a different approach to the stories, whether through narrative reportage, photo essays or short columns and graphics.
FT Life & Arts Internships
- Life & Arts is the wide-ranging and popular broadsheet section of the FT Weekend, covering books, fashion, travel, arts and culture and aimed at the FT’s educated, affluent and international readership. It is the home of Lunch with the FT, the FT’s flagship global interview, as well as of popular regular columns including Tyler Brule’s Fast Lane.
FT House & Home Internships
- House & Home is one of the most successful and best read sections in the FT. Apart from wide-spread coverage of property markets and architecture, House & Home runs the following weekly features:
- high profile interviews from ambassadors to authors to entrepreneurs and philanthropists
- gardens by the eminent classicist Robin Lane Fox
- FT Weekend has a global reputation for the quality of its coverage of property and design, which includes lifestyle, architecture and gardens.
How to Spend It Magazine Internships
- The Financial Times is offering the opportunity for hands-on experience working on the FT’s award-winning colour supplement How to Spend It.
- Widely regarded as the benchmark for luxury lifestyle magazines, it is distributed globally with the FT 30 times a year.
FT Video/Visual Internships
- The Financial Times is offering graduates the opportunity for hands-on-experience working with the video team, with a focus on media management and production.
- The intern will learn the full video production process from researching, organising and auditing footage to some administrative tasks.