Halfords have an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer/Developer to join the Autocentres Marketing Team. The role will be based at our Support Centre in Redditch.
- The Web Designer/Developer will be responsible for designing, building and managing strong, attractive, commercially-driven content for our eCommerce website.
- The successful candidate will work their Photoshop, HTML and CSS magic to ensure that the overall look of the website including advice articles, product pages and graphics encourage maximum customer engagement and conversion.
- Working within the Digital & Marketing team, the Digital Designer/Developer will have the opportunity to contribute fresh thinking to all aspects of the digital strategy.
- Creating digital assets such as web and email banners, within brand guidelines
- Converting content into HTML and CSS & uploading to the CMS.
- Managing the digital asset library
- Assisting with general administrative tasks to keep the website running
- Occasionally designing off-line material such as posters and leaflets
- Keeping abreast of design trends and applying these where appropriate
- Opportunity to design and develop emails as the role develops
- A flair for UX web design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Intermediate HTML and CSS coding (including HTML5)
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong empathy for customer and a commercial focus
- Understanding of technical SEO (Desirable)
- An understanding of responsive design principles (Desirable)
- Experience of data analysis, and/or Google Analytics (Desirable)
- An interest in the automotive industry (Desirable)