Our client is a leader in the international forest products trade. It is a company in which "think global, act local" is more than just a working philosophy. It is a way of life.
The company provides solutions for sales and marketing, transportation and logistics, and finance for suppliers and converters in the forest products industry. In addition, they provide expertise as well as professional advice on the technical and legal considerations of a transaction.
We require a bright Accounts Administrator to join the administration team, processing and maintaining the company's account administration, investigating queries and unexpected costs and providing administrative support to the team.
- Responsibilities will include receiving and matching all supplier invoices including agent's commissions to the correct inventories and sales worksheets, allocating charges from port invoices and investigating any additional charges, sending wire transfer confirmations and remittance advices to vendors and liaising with the US Head Office regarding supplier invoices and payment status.
- Additional duties will include running weekly age debtors reports and chasing customers for any overdue payments, monitoring the UK bank accounts, issuing monthly statements and creating customer invoices.
- Working with mills to ensure compliance and liaising with the Sales team to advise on available materials, potential contracts, and pricing options.
- Providing administrative support with presentations and assisting with annual audits will be part of this varied and interesting position.
- We are seeking a natural self-starter with an impeccable attention to detail, strong planning, and numerical skills; with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced working environment.