Marketing and PR - Placement / Intern
We are looking for an assertive, energetic and creative intern to join our international marketing team, to strengthen our marketing & PR team in the Southampton office. We offer a diverse, exciting and international working environment.
The marketing team is fast paced as the cruise industry is forever evolving, and we bring together a wide range of skills to deliver brilliant work that helps to position our cruises in the market.
The internship will show you the ‘ins-and-outs‘ of both marketing and PR as well as the cruise industry. It will add value both to our company and to your development as a professional in the field. You’ll be reporting to the Marketing Manager Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa (NEMEA), supporting and assisting the friendly team in their goal to drive business in our markets.
- Support with delivery of events, such as presentations, exhibitions, talks and shows.
- Co-ordinating the proofing of co-operative advertising for accuracy and brand compliance and liaising with Sales and Revenue Management teams to ensure pricing is correct.
- Co-ordinating briefing, production and sign off of marketing activity such as advertisements.
- Updating the Travel Agent website and our travel agent training website – NCLU – using the website Content Management System (training will be given).
- Co-ordinating and sending weekly e-newsletters to the Travel Partner database.
- Supporting with marketing and PR promotions, media partnerships, press conferences, ship visits, and information requests of trade and consumer media.
- Communicating to prize winners and ensuring data capture of winners and entrants.
- Processing press and VIPs requests and ensuring ship teams and corporate communications are aware of these visitors.
- Executing social media activities.
- This is an exciting and varied role and a great opportunity! The right candidate will need to have the following skills:
- A passion for a career in marketing or PR, ideally an interest in travel, and also a desire to make your mark on the business!
- Good interpersonal and communication skills: You will be required to build an understanding of our consumers as well as the needs of colleagues, and express these to other members of our team and translate these needs into marketing or PR activity.
- Teamwork: You will be required to work on projects which may involve many different elements and partners. It is essential that you work closely with all partners involved to ensure a cohesive and effective process.
- Commercial interest: We’ll help you to understand our market, brand, consumer wants and needs and the business requirements. These are essential for success in this role.
- Strong writing skills with an excellent attention to detail: you’ll be writing copy and briefings for marketing materials and proof read these.
- Highly organised with good project management skills.
- Customer focused with an excellent telephone manner.
- Flexible, adaptable to a lot of different situations and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Degree requirements: Graduate or placement student preferably with a marketing qualification.
We are conducting the Assessment Day with the selected candidates on 15th March 2018 in Southampton, so please keep the day free.