My client, a leading organisation based locally to New Haw are seeking a Finance Assistant to join their established finance team on a permanent basis. The company have an excellent reputation and boast an exceptional staff retention record as they continue to grow.
- Monitor the company's bank & invoice discounting accounts daily - update the Cashflow Forecast accordingly. Drawdown invoice discounting funds as and when required.
- Distribute Daily Sales Graph.
- Cover sales invoicing on Mondays & Fridays, plus holiday, sickness, etc.
- Produce Weekly Overtime Report & Graph.
- Assist with Month/Year End Close and Management Accounts, including: stock & work-in-progress; accruals & prepayments, KPI reports & graphs, post GL journals.
- Provide cover and assist with the Purchase Ledger as and when required.
- Maintain the Asset Register & HP Schedule.
- Maintain the vehicle fleet records.
- Maintain the Contracts Register.
- Complete the monthly EC Sales List, Supplementary Declaration, Quarterly VAT Return and other statutory reporting.
- Assist with credit control and resolve sales invoicing queries.
- Manage the petty cash, credit cards & Dart Charge account.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis: bank accounts; invoice discounting current accounts; purchase ledger control account; sales ledger control account & invoice discounting statement; wages control accounts; PAYE & NIC control accounts; pension control accounts.
- Provide general clerical assistance to the Finance Manager & directors and holiday cover within the department as and when required.
- All round experience, preferably including ERP system & foreign currencies.
- Good communicator, possessing great attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel user, (Pivot Tables & VLook-ups)