Internal Sales Engineer
A new opportunity due to expansion for an Internal Sales Engineer is available with my client who are leader in a hydraulic equipment and components. The ideal candidate will be mechanically qualified have proven technical sales experience and knowledge of fluid power / hydraulic products, systems, components.
- The successful Internal Sales Engineer will be responsible as the first point of contact for my clients existing and potential customers.
- Prepare general quotations for various hydraulic equipment and components.
- Create and maintain sales orders on CRM (Salesforce) System.
- Provide sales administration support as required.
- Deal with incoming sales enquiries either by phone, or e- mail and either dealing them directly or liaising with various team members to ensure customers enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Prepare customer quotations supported by sales and applications teams as required.
- Using my clients MRP system to evaluate best delivery promises for new and existing orders and keep customers updated as required. This will involve close liaison with Production and purchasing teams.
- Updating Sales and technical teams regarding customer activity to ensure new sales opportunities are not missed.
- Be pro-active and re- active to marketing activity either in the form of partner company referrals, e- mails campaigns or web site forensic information to generate new opportunities for the division.
- Educational Standard to at least HNC in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of fluid power / hydraulic products, equipment systems (desirable).
- Computer literate in Word and Excel.
- Genuine interest in mechanical engineering and self motivated to further knowledge.
- Good verbal and written skills, Good interpersonal skills, Capable of working in a busy environment, understands importance of timeliness.
- Hours of work Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm and Friday 8am to 1pm
- 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank hols)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme.