The Events Manager is a key role in the hotel. Responsibilities range from managing the team, delivering sales targets, initiating and coordinating marketing activities aimed at driving sales into the department, developing client relationships, ensuring the smooth running of all events through cooperation with other departments.
- To manage the recruitment, interview, training and development of the Events Team members including annual performance reviews. Ensuring all documentation is prepared in accordance with company policy.
- To instill an enthusiasm and passion to deliver exceptional results and exceed targets within the department.
- To correct unacceptable behavior and performance in line with the company disciplinary procedures.
- To develop and foster a sales culture environment within the department which identifies opportunities to maximize sales.
- To ensure all sales leads and enquiries received by the department are dealt with in a proactive manner.
- To monitor team performance against sales targets and pro actively address any anticipated shortfall
- To ensure estimates for events are provided in a timely manner, in line with the company rate card and demand calendar, and to refer pricing decisions outside of these guidelines to senior management if appropriate to secure business.
- To maintain an effective mechanism for following up all estimates and events enquiries in a timely manner to secure the business.
- To provide post event follow up to ensure guest satisfaction and to secure repeat business.
- To work with the Revenue Manager to identify gaps in utilization of event space and look for opportunities to promote and fill these gaps with client business or House Events.
- To organize and promote House Events and evaluate the return on investment.
- When relevant send leads to other CQK Hotels.
- Organise and attend Wedding Fairs and other relevant Exhibitions securing budget approval and evaluating return on investment
- Undertake client entertaining and Fam Trips securing appropriate budget approval from management.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop appropriate marketing collateral for the effective selling of the events space, securing budget approval from management.
- Work with Sales Manager to refer sales leads, key contacts and opportunities for further proactive sales development.
- Utilize relationship and services of Venue Directory and other Event and Wedding agents/websites to maximize revenue. Ensure details and listings on 3rd party sites are refreshed and updated with new offers on a regular basis. Assess return on investment of 3rd party sites.
- To ensure that the Property Management System is used to its full potential and in accordance with standards laid down.
- To implement, maintain and constantly improve departmental operating standards. This to include ensuring weekly function schedules are collated, produced and distributed to the standard laid down.
- Communication with client, suppliers and all departments prior to an event to ensure smooth running
- To manage and demonstrate high quality customer service.
- To retain and build strong relationships with existing clients.
- To ensure an Events Team Member is on site at large events and weddings.
- To ensure that terms and conditions of business are in place for all bookings and are adhered to by both the team and the client.
- To report on the results of the Conference and Events team as required by Management.
- To produce and update business forecasts for your department as required.
- To work closely with the Revenue Manager, reception and accounts to ensure revenues are charged correctly to client and to internal cost centres. To ensure invoices are raised and paid in accordance with the terms of service.