Are you an HR generalist who is looking to take on an exciting new challenge within a registered charity? If so, the University of Southampton Students’ Union (SUSU), have an exciting new opportunity for a HR Coordinator to join the team!
SUSU exists to unlock the potential and enrich the life of every one of our 23,000 student members. We are a registered charity with a £7.4M turnover and provide a comprehensive platform of offers, support, representation, services and spaces for our members to enhance the overall University experience across a number of campuses. We are an Investors in People accredited organisation who have approximately 85 core staff, and around 300 zero-hour support staff employed throughout the year. We are firmly committed to delivering and providing impactful HR support to our people.
- The HR Coordinator will have a key role in enabling us to attract and retain talented people, maximise employee experience and actively developing our people.
- You will work closely with our HR Manager and Learning & Development Coordinator to provide a comprehensive service to the organisation, contributing to and leading on a number of projects and initiatives which enable a positive, motivated and resilient workforce.
- This is a hands-on role, where you will have an opportunity to work across all areas of the employment lifecycle; coordinating processes and schemes, providing support in employee relations matters, rolling out people initiatives and supporting engagement with learning & development opportunities throughout the Union.
- We are about to implement a cloud-based HR system with self-service functionality and you'll be a key part of the team assisting in rolling this out to our people.
- Once the system is in place, you'll work with it to ensure that the organisation maintains accurate details for our people; preparing employment documentation and sharing relevant information with payroll.
- We are looking for an HR generalist who is passionate about providing effective customer service. Ideally you will have an HR qualification at level 3 or above and will be committed to your ongoing professional development.
- You will be an advocate for change and able to communicate across the organisation in a positive and consistent manner.
- You'll have the ability to think laterally when solving problems in order to provide practical and efficient support.
- You will have an understanding of utilising a HR system within an organisation and the ability and willingness to develop in this area, as well as being able to utilise the Microsoft suite.
- Working with SUSU will give you a rare opportunity to engage with a vibrant, innovative and ever developing organisation.
- As an Investors in People accredited employer, we recognise that our people are our greatest assets.
- We value and recognise our people and are delighted to be able to offer a number of benefits over and above their monthly pay. offering access to a wide range of benefits, as well as an environment which is a friendly, dynamic and rewarding place to work
- A salary of up to £23,557, depending on experience
- Up to 30 days annual leave per year, including a week at Christmas and time at Easter, plus public holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Staff social activities
- Comprehensive induction and strong learning and development offer
- Discounts on; entertainment, eating out, health & beauty, trades and services, retailers, memberships and travel
- Flexible working opportunities
- A beautiful campus, with on-site commercial outlets
- Attractive contractual pay for Maternity/Paternity
- Counselling, financial, personal support and health and wellbeing services via our Employee Assistance Programme.