Head of Talent - Factual
We have an exciting opportunity to join our in-house Resourcing & Talent team as the Head of Resourcing & Talent supporting the Factual Genre for BBC Studios.
BBC Studios is a powerhouse of bold British creative content. The BBC’s main TV production arm, we lead the way in creative storytelling, and we’re known and celebrated around the world for the quality of our programmes.
A unique combination of our BBC editorial values, cutting-edge craft, and access to diverse creative talent from around the country, helps us produce the boldest of ideas. In April 2017 we launched as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, working with customers around the world and generating financial returns for license fee payers.
Core to the success of BBC Studios is our ability to re-energise the organisation with fresh and diverse talent and new perspectives. The Resourcing & Talent team are responsible for delivery the end to end process ensuring we attract, support, retain and develop the broadest range of talent and continue to grow BBC Studios reputation as an employer of choice for all. Divisionally aligned and embedded in the businesses they support, the Studios Resourcing & Talent team work closely with Managers and HR colleagues leading talent acquisition across all types of hiring.
Having the right people in place at the right time is key to our continued success and as Head of Resourcing & Talent for the Factual genre your role is critical in making this happen. You will lead on all aspects of resourcing, manage a highly skilled team and work closely with divisional HR teams on workforce planning to support the wider people agenda for Natural History, Science, History, Arts, Documentaries, Features and Daytime. In addition an important aspect of your role is the accountability to manage senior hiring, identifying and leading on talent identification for key roles.
- Responsible for leading all Talent Resourcing (for their area); being a resourcing specialist to Editorial / Production teams and creating/managing a talent pool/pipeline of talent relevant to the business area / genre and their future needs;
- Understanding pay, pay benchmarks and maintain pay parity for editorial / production roles ;
- Partner across Talent and Business stakeholders to develop a workforce plan enabling the best resourcing strategy to be deployed for all recruitment;
- Lead and manage a Resourcing/Talent team; providing advice, experience and insight to a specific division/genre
- Ensuring editorial/production staff are ‘work ready’ on day one
- To lead and manage an end to end resourcing service for all permanent, FTC, Freelance hiring for the Factual genre.
- To act as the specialist point of contact for the genre, offering advice, experience and insight to Editorial/Production on resources and team structure/composition.
- To understand pay rates, benchmarks and maintain pay parity for editorial / production roles.
- To support budgeting & shortlisting of senior talent/team structures for shows / continuous output.
- To lead strategic workforce planning for editorial / production for the division/genre and ensure smooth management of movement of staff between productions/projects.
- To lead and co-ordinate regular internal and external talent identification; understanding of experience, capability and availability of resources for the genre; management of diversity targets.
- To line manage team resources, allocate work and monitor workflow across the team.
- To build relationships and form alliances with external partners, communities and stakeholders to understand external trends and best practice.
- To work collaboratively across Resourcing & Talent to improve the client and candidate experience, identifying trends and undertaking improvement action.
- To lead management & delivery of talent finding events.
- To manage career development advice for talent within the genre; advising and coaching senior talent.
- To ensure collaboration across HR and the HR Service Centre to enable the delivery of services and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be an ambassador for the function and represent BBC Resourcing & Talent internally and externally (as appropriate).
- The successful candidate you will have deep knowledge of the external TV market ideally across Factual and will have operated at Resourcing Business Partner/Head of Talent within an internal resourcing function, preferably within a media environment.
- You will use this knowledge to lead on strategic thinking in respect of internal and external talent with experience of building senior stakeholder relationships.