Event Management Placement at the I Do Festivals Group
The I Do Festivals Group is now a year old! It is an expansion and merger of the multi award winning Wedding Festival Company and The Corporate Festival Company along with the acquisition of marquees, glamping, The Swine Waiter and The Street Food Catering Company.
We now offer over 80% everything directly in-house that our clients require to hold boutique festivals. We plan, run and manage the events from start to finish. We are a top end brand offering a prestigious service to our valued clients.
We have an opening for 3 event students, to work for us to assist them with the completion of their degree.
You will join a hardworking and dynamic team that are further developing the brand into a fast-moving industry.
The role is administration based during the winter months and you will be based in Fareham in Hampshire for five days a week.
During the summer months June – September the role will involve at least four days per week at the festival sites with Monday and Tuesday as rest days.
The remuneration would be £5,000 for 30 weeks, beginning in June (start date in June TBC). Plus expenses for when you travel to site for the events.
As an expanding company, we are looking to attract hard working ambitious students that we can develop through our business, with the opportunity for the right person to step into a full-time role. This full-time role will have clear paths for development within it. Below is a description of jobs you can expect to perform when interning for us!
- Creating event management plans
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Planning, running and being integral to event aspects, such as venue, seating, liquor, dining, catering and glamping requirements
- Kit list completion
- Demonstrating to client’s strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings
- Staying within budget while planning event specifications
- Completion of supplier contact details
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Communicating with directors to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and internet advertisements for individual events
- Running social media campaigns
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during current liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Planning multiple events at once
- Full decoration of venues to include internal and external marquees
- Small event gazebo erections such as the catering tents and pop up tents, flags, bale displays
- Bar service and stocking
- Catering service
- Taking clients on tours of venues
- Delegating event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, communicating with guests and organising vendors
- Waste management on site