Maintenance Engineer - Roving
Founded in 1994, Caring Homes is one of the most respected, national care home operators in the United Kingdom.
Through a national network Caring Homes provides quality accredited, award winning residential, nursing and specialist dementia care to elderly people. At Caring Homes our ethos is corporate strength underpinned by family values.
This important building services role will require a methodical, flexible and dedicated approach, the person will have relevant experience and/or qualification with a preferred technical knowledge gained from a building/construction trade background and multi-trade experience would be an asset.
- The right person who is offered this role will be working as part of a team with occasional lone working as required on some projects.
- You will be expected to be professional and use all your skills to ensure the best economy, program and quality of finish; at times when no specification or sketches are provided, you will be expected to work from a short brief with distance telephone support from the Works and Projects Manager or Works Team Supervisor.
- The position requires extensive travelling around various homes across the country and staying out up to 4 nights (5 Days) per week is essential as it is predominantly field based. Travel, expenses, morning and evening meals will be paid for and a day time food allowance provided.
- However, a person with exceptional skills or long term proven competency in various multi trades without qualifications may be considered for this role.
- Long term experience is required and important factors to the role include internal and external repairs and redecoration, Carpentry and Plumbing skills; other additional skills will be a benefit to the role and assist in considerations.
- A general understanding of varied building practices and materials is essential.
- A general understanding of architectural drawings and specifications is preferred
- Good all round people skills and team working is required
- Good all round experience of risk and method statements and general health & safety processes is essential