Mechanical Design Engineer
Worldwide market leading automotive company seeking Design Engineer to Design new test system hardware for heavy duty diesel injection equipment.
An American owned firm, the company has multiple sites across the UK and specialise in the design, development and manufacture of engine fuel injection systems. At the forefront of their marketplace, the company is focused on developing the most efficient product in their field and have an excellent track record of success within their chosen discipline.
The company has a fantastic training which all employees are part of, ensuring that individuals stretch their capabilities, reach their potential and achieve the goals in their career. Many senior level positions within the firm are held by employees who started off on the shop floor and so a position within this leading company can offer you either the technical progression or the hierarchical progression you may want from your next role.
This really is a great opportunity for any engineer looking for a new role with a worldwide company.
- Design new test system hardware for heavy duty diesel injection equipment.
- Produce ISO standard manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings and LOP's to meet engineering requirements.
- Liaise with and capture requirements from product development and validation teams to ensure design achieves specifications.
- Participate in 8D assessments of rig failures, generate and carry out corrective actions as required.
- Contribute to Total Quality, QS 9000 and continuous improvement activities within department and business
- Provide support and technical assistance to other design engineers, Mechanical engineers, technicians and prototype manufacture craftsmen.
- Check accuracy and content of department drawings prior to release and maintain documentation within EPDM structure.
- Degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering (2:1 or above preferred)
- 1-2 years minimum professional Design experience, preferably high precision, highly stressed.
- 1-2 years minimum CAD preferable Solidworks experience at a professional level
- Good background knowledge of proprietary hardware components and suppliers (power transmission, structural and hydraulic)
- Understanding of the principles of physics and mechanical engineering
- The ability to study a problem, identify appropriate analysis techniques and undertake the analysis or interact with analysis specialists (CFD,FEA)
- Thorough understanding of detailed drawings, geometric tolerances and surface finishes.
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Self motivation and initiative
- Knowledge of direct injection diesel principles an advantage
- Ability to effectively interface and collaborate with customers and suppliers.
- An understanding of machining methods, particularly milling, turning and grinding processes.
- Adequate knowledge of material applications and heat treatment processes.