My Client is considered one of the leading global voices in the design, manufacture and installation of industrial surface preparation and finishing facilities. We offer turnkey blast and paint facilities and products to a range of sectors including marine, aerospace, automotive, civil and off-shore.
Based just north of Peterborough, we're looking for an experienced Install/Service Engineer who can visit our customers around the UK to carry out either install, service, maintenance or repair work. Most of the service, maintenance and repair work can be completed in a day, but early starts and late finishes are sometimes unavoidable. Install work could mean overnight stays from one to several nights. Weekend work only occasionally required.
- Undertake service, maintenance and repairs competently and efficiently.
- Maintain good level of personal cleanliness, keep van and tools in excellent condition.
- Maintain parts stock levels and advise of any faults or stock issues.
- Liaise with management and relevant office staff daily as directed to prepare and review work plans.
- Communicate with the customer prior to visit and conduct visit professionally, taking care to maintain high level of customer service.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Experience in a relevant engineering discipline - preferably time-served.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible attitude to work and willingness to apply knowledge and experience to achieve objectives.
- Full clean driving license required