Corporate Finance Legal Secretary
Douglas Scott are currently recruiting for a well established Regional law firm who are keen to appoint a motivated and forward thinking Legal Secretary to sit within the Busy Corporate Finance department.
- Supporting new client inceptions and file opening activities
- Client care and correspondence
- E-mail management
- Fielding and screening telephone calls
- Dealing with/directing new enquiries
- Setting up client meetings
- Diary management
- Checking and distributing client documentation
- Overseeing preparation of court bundles
- Supporting billing & financial management activities as required
- Uploading client documentation to client portal(s) where appropriate
- Closing and archiving of client files upon completion of matters
- This is an opportunity where you will not only gain skills within the Corporate Finance department but will also give you the basic skills to get onto the legal professional ladder.
- Ideally you will have at least 1-2 years' experience within a similar role.
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools and other systems implemented by the firm
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focused working method