Junior CAD Design Engineer
Our client is a leading independent supplier of Power Protection equipment including UPS, Chargers, Battery Packs, Generators etc., these systems range from standard to complex systems and is supplied to many industries including Defence, Industry, Public Sector, Comms/IT, and Export.
Reporting to the Design Engineer and working within a small focused team, you will be involved in all aspects of the design phase of a product, whilst also coordinating with the projects team through the life of a project.
You will also be involved with design and development work and optimising the current product range.
- Receive full training to enable you to excel at your role.
- Work with both 3D and 2D Autodesk software
- Be involved with creating and detailing drawings/schematics
- Modifying CAD models
- Undertaking project documentation
- Creating/maintaining Bill of Materials
- Good standard of education or equivalent including Maths, Science and English
- CAD qualification or working experience of CAD essential
- Mechanical and/or electrical background - work experience. Highly desirable
- To be enthusiastic to learn.
- To be able to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on own initiative and be pro-active
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.