Senior Accounting Technician
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Technician to join our well regarded Financial Operations Division to work within the Resourcing, Solihull Community Housing (an Arm's length management organisation) and Commercial Finance Team.
Our Financial Operations Division are proud of our proven track record of delivering an excellent service. Our approach to maintaining a three Year Medium Term Financial Strategy has been held up as good practice nationally and for a number of years we have achieved External Audit reports with no recommendations for improvement. We believe in investing in training and providing support for staff to develop their careers.
- In this role you will work closely with your customers throughout the financial cycle to provide comprehensive financial advice and support, identify savings, budget setting, perform monthly monitoring and close the accounts.
- Experience of working in a professional finance environment, including preparing budgets and monitoring, forecasting, analysing and reconciling complex data will be critical.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Language A*-C or 4-9 (or equivalent level 2 qualification)
- Full membership MAAT (or equivalent)
- Good communication / organisational skills
- Computer literate with experience of using Excel (or equivalent) at an advanced level
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to plan and organise own work load
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount card