Video Editor / Camera Operator
The Video Editor / Camera Operator will produce quality edits of the short-form digital video, news features and mini-documentaries. This person may also be called on to assist in filming projects so should have a background as a shoot-edit.
- To work with the features and news team producers to create high-quality digital video output for The Telegraph’s website, apps and social media.
- To feed into the development of treatments for video commissions.
- To produce a number of versions of the content, tailoring each to the strengths of the platform.
- This person will occasionally be required to shoot their own footage for edits, and also assist in operating The Telegraph’s own video studio.
- A talented editor with an eye for what makes digital video content stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Excellent video editing skills for digital output (Adobe Premiere and After Effects).
- Understanding of encoding processes and codecs for multi-point delivery (Episode Engine, Media Encoder).
- Strong camera operation skills, knowledge of lighting techniques and sound recording.
- Experience creating digital content for social platforms.
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape for digital video and audio.
- Preferable: Previous experience in a news organisation or on current affairs content - ideally working as part of a small team to solve problems and create brilliant visual journalism.