Paid Editorial Graduate Scheme
The Telegraph’s Editorial Graduate Programme represents a significant investment in building the next generation of journalistic talent. This year’s intake will join us on September 3rd 2018.
We recruit a handful of the nation’s best and brightest would-be digital journalists and future leaders of our editorial business, for a two-year development programme which is both supportive and challenging.
Working across print and digital platforms, we are committed to hiring creative people who are skilled in storytelling and adept at finding the best medium to communicate with their audience – you will have the opportunity to work across words, pictures, video, data visualisation or via social media platforms such as Snapchat.
- If successful, you’ll join The Telegraph on a permanent employment contract.
- The programme begins with an intensive, bespoke training programme developed in partnership with the Press Association giving you the tools you need to succeed in a modern newsroom.
- You’ll also spend time working on a regional newspaper and gain experience via rotations in different parts of the newsroom working across multiple channels, before establishing yourself within your home desk/team.
- You’ll possess a demonstrable interest in journalism (via education or significant involvement outside that), originality with original and unconventional ideas, and have plenty of data, video and other digital storytelling skills to turn those ideas into compelling and engaging content
- Recent graduate or post-graduate (Masters) qualification in a related field, or relevant work experience
- A demonstrable passion for news and a commitment to developing a career in journalism
- Very strong writing skills
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Inquisitive, proactive mindset
- An excellent understanding of the role of digital platforms, including social media, in journalism
- Please note that this scheme is not open to established professional journalists
- If you want a stimulating career with a successful media business, this is your chance. Our renowned Editorial Graduate Programme will develop and nurture subject matter expert digital journalists and future editorial leaders.
- The Telegraph recently unveiled a new strategy putting leading the news agenda at the heart of the business.
- With a commitment to investment in journalism, The Telegraph is also established as a leader in developing journalists at the beginning of their careers.
- The newsroom has recently welcomed 10 editorial apprentices and we are now looking for six graduates to join our award-winning team.
Deadline: 23 February 2018
Duration: 2 years