eCommerce & Sales Executive (German Speaker)
VisitBritain is the national tourism agency, a non departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, responsible for promoting Britain worldwide and developing its visitor economy.
- To manage the E-commerce operations for the VisitBritain online shops in order to maximise commercial performance whilst providing the best customer experience at all stages of the customer journey.
- Dealing promptly and professionally with customer enquiries whilst always keeping the focus on upselling and cross selling where potential has been identified to increase shop revenue.
- Responding to customer feedback and engaging with customers creating an individual, positive experience for every traveller.
- Following set policies and procedures to undertake required checks to identify technical issues on the platform, as well as identifying potential fraud on a daily basis.
- Feeding back on customer queries about what changes to the platform or other operational processes may be required to improve the business overall.
- Re-configuring shop homepages across all shops, translating and updating shop content and manage shop categories using the content management system. Working with the eCommerce Managers on the development, integration and delivery of new business and promotional ventures.
- Monitoring Google Analytics to better understand shops and understanding of analysing commercial data to produce reports. Executing merchandising actions as required and customising the site to always updated and displaying relevant content for the customer.
- Performing daily product updates, translating new products and updating the “Special Offers” page. Working with the eCommerce Manager to deliver Merchandising and Affiliates strategies.
- To reliably deliver team projects to a high standard as well as against set deadlines (e.g. Site Audit, VB.com, etc.) Contribute to the work of the team as required, including data entry and checking, problem solving, producing reports and presentations, etc.
- To share best practice ideas with your line manager relating to internal processes and ways of working with the objective of optimising and streamlining processes where possible.
- To share insights gained in customer service, internal procedures, as well as market insights with Management to allow continuous improvement of the business.
- To share knowledge and best practice from external networking events with your team and the wider organisation
- Supporting the team with financial and operational processes.
- Contributing to the work of the team, including data entry and checking, problem solving and delivering quality concise work on time.
- Open to graduates
- Open to applicants from all degree disciplines
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English and German is essential
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Excellent Microsoft Office proficiency
- CMS experience desirable
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Customer service experience and the ability to deal with difficult customers
- Knowledge of e-commerce desirable
- Knowledge of tourism in Britain desirable
- B2B competency in German advantageous
- Previous experience of writing and translating content highly desirable