Merchandising & Buying Graduate Programme (TJX Europe)
Just like our business model, our Merchandising & Buying European Graduate Programme is not like most other retailers.
As a Graduate in Merchandising & Buying, you’ll get experience of both areas of the business to fully understand how your work impacts our results, and how key the relationship between Merchandising & Buying truly is.
- You’ll start with a comprehensive induction and then continue to develop yourself through a series of workshops and training programmes. All of which will enable you to take on responsibility quickly.
- With the support of a huge network; including your manager, mentors and buddy, you’ll start to develop the people skills and technical know-how to make Merchandising decisions.
- Then it’s time to put it into practice, as you gain experience in a range of roles with real responsibilities.
- You’ll start in Merchandising, analysing sales patterns and learning to spot opportunities in order to ensure we have the right goods in the right stores at the right time
- Here you’ll gain experience and develop your knowledge of managing a team and open a potential pathway into Buying.
- The Assistant Merchandiser role will be your earliest opportunity to move into this area.
- Don’t forget we are a truly European Business therefore this could be in either the UK or if you have the language skills this could open a path into one of our European Buying Offices outside the UK.
- If you discover that your longer-term career ambitions lie elsewhere then the flexibility of our business means you could potentially move into E-Commerce, Store Trading or even other areas of the business.
- Alongside the requirements listed below, if you have European language skills – particularly Italian or German – that would be great. And, if you’ve lived and worked in Europe, even better, we will look for European mobility.
- A degree in any discipline
- Great communication skills
- Sharp commercial thinking and a head for numbers
- Creative, flexible thinking
- An ability to spot opportunities
- Lots of drive and determination
- To us, you become a valuable member of the team from the day you start.
- We move people quickly, but in a supportive way.
- Not only are you empowered to make decisions from the outset, you will drive your development in our exciting, fast-paced business.
- There may also be opportunities to be based from our other European offices as your careers progresses.