Graduate Digital Designer
The Costain Graduate Development Scheme is an intensive 2-year programme designed to equip high flying graduates with the skills and experience required to take them forward in their career with the company. We offer mentoring and support in every area of work, as well as a structured training programme. We’re looking for someone who is actively open to exploring and sharing ideas and who is enthusiastic about all things digital. You need to be a confident communicator, comfortable in expressing your opinion but also able to maintain an extremely professional attitude and do what it takes to keep our clients smiling and coming back for more. Our desire is to see you become a key member of the team as the business grows.
- To take a brief and storyboard initial ideas, shoot film and edit, keeping to our brand guidelines and requirements
- To put clients first in everything you do and put each client's needs at the centre of all decisions
- To value each client as an individual, respect their aspirations, beliefs, commitments, and seek to understand their priorities, needs, abilities and limitations
- To be honest about your point of view and what you can and cannot do. To be assertive to ask questions when unable to understand their requirements
- To strive to improve people's experiences of web film footage and development. To value excellence and professionalism wherever you find it in the everyday things that make people's lives better as much as in web developments and design as in service improvements and innovation
- To earn the trust placed in you by insisting on quality and striving to get the basics right every time: good design, effective video’s or short film, good communication, professionalism and efficient service. To welcome feedback, learn from your mistakes and build on your successes
- Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and After Effects
- DSLR camera for filming and stills
- Willingness to work on various projects across the UK
- Our belief is that people learn best by doing. You will be asked to contribute your own design ideas and initiative and in return we will expose you to a wider range of duties and learning than you might encounter elsewhere.