Junior Graphic Designer
Ultimate Products has evolved from a local business into a global success. We are a major supplier of branded household products and work alongside over 300 world-class retailers to bring quality goods to market. Our brand portfolio has grown extensively across our 12 product divisions and we are proud to work with prominent brands including Beldray , Russell Hobbs , Progress and Salter. Now an international PLC business, we're committed to providing the latest trends on the consumer market and delivering an end to end service to our customers. Our retail partners include UK and international retailers such as B&M, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Argos, B&Q, and TKMaxx. At UP we pride ourselves on delivering tomorrow’s products today.
Ultimate Products are currently seeking a creative and commercially minded Junior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic Creative department.
Within this role you will be responsible for the origination of print ready artwork on a wide range of packaging projects. You will need to be meticulous in working practices and producing error free artwork to the correct technical specifications. The ability to meet tight deadlines and schedules is a must.
- To construct print ready artwork on a wide range of design projects including branded packaging, corporate stationary, instruction manuals, catalogues, brochures and adverts.
- To create error-free artwork from scratch including setting up artwork files within set timeframe
- To retouch artwork images quickly and accurately using Photoshop.
- To communicate effectively with internal departments to ensure that artwork is produced in line with artwork briefs.
- To ensure all technical and print specifications are met including checking spot colours, image resolutions, text and legal requirements.
- To typeset branded instruction manuals and assist with error checking of all artwork and manuals in line with specified guidelines.
- To assist with the direction of photography shots including props, lighting and conforming to brand guidelines for all product images.
- Recent degree in Marketing, Brand Advertising, Graphic Design or similar creative specialism essential at 2:2 or above
- Confident Mac User with good working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Minimum 6 months work experience, ideally within an office-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively within a diverse team
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Great work ethic and desire to succeed
- Local to Greater Manchester
- Competitive salary packages
- Staff discounts on our own and branded products
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays after your first 12 months with the Company
- Local retail discounts including Costco membership
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Bonus for 100 % attendance
- Free eye test and contribution to lenses of up to £100
- Local gym membership discount
- Private healthcare after 5 years service
- Annual staff awards including Employee of the Year
- Annual Christmas parties and celebrations throughout the year
- Team social events
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
- Sales commission structure
- Funded external training
- Online training programs