Graphic Design Assistant
JACK & JONES is one of the leading producers of menswear fashion in Europe and one of the strongest jeans brands in the market, with more than 1000 stores in 38 countries and thousands of wholesale partners all over the world. Born out of a love for denim in 1990, with jeans as the backbone of our business. JACK & JONES offer everyday essentials right through to the latest high street trends in quality affordable fashion.
- This is a new and exciting opportunity working closely together with our design and buying team to ensure a cool high fashion graphic direction.
- As a Graphic Design Assistant, it will be your responsibility to research and follow the tendencies within menswear graphic and print technique.
- As a vital member of the graphic design team, you will assist the graphic designers and brief the graphic support at our manufacturers.
- Your role will be creative, working on fashion graphics and print, whilst implementing the graphic expression for JACK & JONES CORE.
- You will work with details for the visual expression and participate in the entire process from idea to production.
- This role sits alongside the Senior Graphic Designer, working collaboratively from our incredible London offices, located in the heart of Shoreditch to ensure a relevant and commercial profile for JACK & JONES CORE.
- You’ll also have constant communication with our main design and buying team, located in Brande Denmark.
- It is therefore, important that you are willing to travel to coordinate with the team in the Denmark office at key times of the season.
- Keeping updated on the latest fashion trends within print design,
- Ensuring clear communication around JACK & JONES CORE for both internal and external parties,
- Ensuring that JACK & JONES is represented with the correct and strong profile,
- Developing original prints to create a uniform and clear brand identity.
- You are creative and full of ideas, and can translate these ideas to strong, on brand, graphic prints.
- You have a great interest in fashion and an eye for modern and trend led designs.
- You’ll work well independently and have a strong focus on details to ensure high quality in your work, but most of all you thrive in a dynamic environment, with a fast pace and many varied tasks and deadlines.
- Recent graduate within graphic and print design or equivalent experience as a graphic design assistant preferred.
- Specialist in visual expression and presentation.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Strong commercial understanding of design for the menswear market.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong team player with the ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Competitive basic salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday per year
- Online discount across all brands
- Heavily discounted clothing samples
- 2:30pm finish on a Friday plus more!