Graduate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor
Are you looking to develop a career as a Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor whilst working exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a team atmosphere?
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, healthcare providers, contractors, developers etc.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor to join our significantly experienced and talented CDM Team.
- Carrying out the function of the Principal Designer under the CDM regulations
- Monitor designer’s compliance with their duties under the CDM regulations
- Undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
- Attend project, design and other meetings
- Work to deadlines ensure projects are completed efficiently and within budget
- Support senior team members as required
- Assist in maintaining the business 18001 accreditation
- Educated to Degree level or above in a health and safety related degree
- The ability to work on multiple projects
- An understanding of the principles of risk reduction
- A knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar (Desirable)
- Graduate or Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) (Desirable)
- An understanding of the design process (Desirable)
- Construction industry experience (Desirable)
- It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited, and you will be fully supported by Ridge in gaining this expertise.
- At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
- And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Permanent contract from day one